The V90-DAC has a balance of measurements: distortion, noise, linearity, bandwidth, and phase, which in their totality are not significantly bettered by any product at any price.
If you hunt around, you may find the occasional DAC that claims to have slightly better performance than the V90-DAC in one area or another, but in totality will not exceed it. There are plenty of competitors shouting about their new, wonderful version of the emperor’s new clothes, but they offer little or nothing in real performance to back up their claims. Just lots of talk about subjective this or that, but all of it is just a matter of opinion.
The V90-DAC is a matter of fact. Its technical and sonic performance is superlative. There are better DACs but they may cost twenty or thirty times more.
Buying the V90-DAC is your personal statement of independence from overhyped claims.
- Jitter: <12 picoseconds peak to peak
- THD(+ noise): <0.004% 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Crosstalk: -104dB, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / Noise ratio: -117dB, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Inputs: 1x RCA coaxial connector SPDIF 32-bit/192 kHz (16-24 bit stereo PCM); 2x TOSLINK optical connector 32-bit/96 kHz (16-24 bit stereo PCM); 1x USB type ‘B’ connector – Asynchronous data stream at up to 24-bit/96kHz (Determined by source file/computer settings)
- Output: 1x line level RCA (phono)
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 170 x 47 x 102
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 600g / 1.1 kg
- Supplied Accessories: 1x 12v 500mA DC power supply