A perfect match to tonearms
Ortofon Optimum Match (OM) cartridges match most tonearms perfectly. If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon’s answer to perfect tonearm matching.
Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
• If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate.
• If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
An OM cartridge from Ortofon makes it possible to upgrade the performance of an entire music system very easily by upgrading the stylus. We offer a wide range of replacement styli for OM cartridges.
With the OM cartridge you instantly hear the improvement: music you’ve heard many times takes on new dimensions.
- Output voltage at 1,000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz/dB 2.0
- Channel separation at 1 kHz/dB 22
- Frequency response Hz 20-18,000
- Tracking ability (315Hz, lateral)/µm 60
- Compliance, dynamic (lateral)/µm/mN 20
- Stylus type Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius/µm r/R 8/18
- Tracking force range/g 1.5-2.0
- Recommended tracking force/g 1.75
- Tracking angle (vertical) 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance/Ohm 750
- Internal inductance / mH 450
- Recommended load resistance/kOhm 47
- Recommended load capacitance/pF 200 – 500
- Cartridge weight 5 g